How To Decorate A Tall Wall?
If you have a big TV on a wall, there’s a lot of unoccupied space in the wall above it. This could be a problem since this area often isn’t inviting and looks bland.
One method to make the empty area appear more appealing is using the mirror. This is an easy and effective option since mirrors reflect a lot of light, making your space appear larger and more bright.
Another option is to embellish the wall over your television with the artwork. Again, this is quite simple and easy since you only need to select the wall art you want to hang that will complement the decor of your room.
For instance, you can pick a picture with many details and hues to make the walls appear more exciting. But, ensure that the style is compatible with your decor because if it isn’t fitting, you could remove it and begin again.
You could also put an attractive tray on the TV stand to conceal certain things you don’t want others to notice, such as phones, remote controls, and other devices. This can make your TV look stylish and less like an unorganized pile of things.
These ideas are only one of the numerous ways to make a grand display of a wall over your television. We hope they can assist you in starting.
How To Decorate A Tall Wall Above A Fireplace?
There are various ways to embellish a tall wall by using wall moldings to show artwork. For a more subtle look, hang art on the trim on your wall. It’s sure to impress without spending a fortune!
If you’re not a lover of art, decals are an excellent way to decorate the space. Select one that is just a little small, and choose a style that matches the rest of your home’s decor.
Another method to give depth to a tall area is to layer your accessories, such as prints or photos. For example, set a large print photo against the wall behind your mantel. Then, arrange smaller pictures or prints in various sizes and shapes over that more significant piece.
It is also possible to add some texture by using an assortment of fresh or dried plants and flowers ranging from twigs to seedheads. This arrangement looks natural, warm, and seasonal!
Gallery walls are an easy way to showcase your carefully curated collection of things you love. Begin with the most significant piece, then work your way down and build a rich collection that will be cherished for many years.
If you are in an area susceptible to earthquakes, look into plastic frames that can withstand the force of an earthquake. Frames made of wood or white will look fantastic on dark walls. You can experiment with shades or print designs that use white and black for the most dramatic effect.
How To Decorate A Tall Staircase Wall?
The walls of stairways often need to be addressed when decorating. However, they can be a great area with huge stylistic potential. For example, suppose you’ve got a Victorian property with a narrow stairway or contemporary construction with an open-plan staircase. In that case, the wall can be a fantastic chance to add personality to your home.
One of the most effective ideas for decorating a staircase can be a gallery wall, which is an excellent method to fill in the space left on the stairwell wall and create a more curated style. You can hang a variety of various prints or framed photos to make the space seem more vibrant, according to Elle Decor.
You could also choose a more casual style by choosing pieces that don’t follow any specific design or color scheme. For example, you could include framed images of nature or an enormous artwork that invokes the experience of walking in the forest.
Alternatively, choose a bold design for the wall of your stairway to create some contrast. In this case, the wallpaper is dark grey, with a curvy shape that is a perfect match for the square frames of the stairwell wall without appearing overly formal or elaborate.
Another excellent staircase wall decoration idea is to create a focal point for the wall of the staircase with sculptured objects. For example, you could display a couple of vase designs that contrast in a group or an assortment of circular objects to create a visually pleasing arrangement.
How To Decorate A Tall Wall In The Bedroom?
The Design of a tall wall can be challenging. There are, however, beautiful ways to decorate large spaces to ensure they look great!
A well-known and efficient way to embellish an area with a high ceiling is by hanging large art pieces. If it’s a gallery wall or a single piece of art, it can make your room appear larger.
Another option to create a unique, visually appealing space for a large wall is wallpaper. Again, there are numerous designs you can choose from, including delicate designs that add texture and depth or bold patterns using vibrant shades.
If you’re looking for minimalist decor, consider asymmetrical artwork on your bedroom walls. The symmetry can make the Design appear more proportional to the furniture instead of trying to cover the entire wall.
A wood trim applied to walls is another excellent method to create architectural interest. It not only makes the walls appear more intriguing but also creates a 3D appearance that makes the space appear more prominent.
You can also hang fabric on a wall to create an exhibition of fabric squares. This is a simple method of creating a unique design and is inexpensive.
How To Decorate A Tall Wall In A Living Room?
A tall wall to decorate in a living room could be difficult. However, you can turn this area into an eye-catching central feature with some innovative ideas. Walls with high ceilings are an excellent opportunity to create the look of a room, and it’s essential to think outside the box when designing these walls.
Wallpaper is a great option to add the look of depth and interest to tall walls. There are many styles to pick from. It is also possible to use the Design of a mural to create the appearance of a dramatic wall.
Another option is to choose wallpaper with patterns or images. This can create a distinctive design and assist in unifying the appearance of your space.
The artwork is another favorite option for decorating tall walls. It doesn’t matter if you select one large piece or a series of smaller ones; they will add dimension to the room.
The painting of a tall wall is also a simple and affordable option to increase its appeal of it. Utilizing earth tones like browns, reds, and yellows will visually lower the wall’s height and give an extra dimension to the room.
A few trims and paneling on the uppermost walls is another method of bringing the size of your walls down. This creates an element of the focal point in the room and helps the walls appear more significant than they are.
How To Decorate A Tall Wall In A Bathroom?
The bathroom is ideal for experimenting with different ways to decorate your walls. You can find something to match your current shower curtain or an eye-catching item to enhance your tub. There are plenty of methods to inject some sparkle into your bathroom.
One simplest and most efficient way to embellish a wall is by using wallpaper. There’s a wide range of patterns and colors available There’s bound there’s something for all.
Another method to beautify your bathroom is to decorate it with wall art. There’s a wide selection of different types of wall art that you can pick from, such as frames as well as mirrors and mirrors. They can be purchased at the local home goods stores, or you’d like to search online for extraordinary and unique items.
For the most value for your money, opt for a style that blends Design and function. Consider, for instance, a chic shelf that doubles as a towel rack or a wall caddy.
If you’re feeling particularly creative, you can try creating rope-based decor. They can be made by anyone who owns the help of big screw eyes and a bit of organic fiber rope.
You can choose from many ideas, but these will provide you with some ideas for the next bathroom renovation. You’ll be thrilled with the result! We hope you discover something that fits your preferences and budget.
15 Decorating Ideas For Tall Walls
- Hang Vertical Artwork: The perfect match for tall walls is vertical artwork. A single, bold picture, a gallery wall, or a contemporary piece can be great ways to connect your additional height with the rest of your interior. Mixing images and sizes can draw attention away from a monochrome expanse of drywall that has been painted. It transforms a space from bland to warm by visually drawing the walls toward the interior.
- Increase The Size: One of the most efficient methods to get a warm look for a tall wall is to expand the artwork you have chosen to complement it. The larger horizontal pieces are strong enough to balance the lack of space without overpowering the space. It is possible to use color and theme to make your room appear more intimate and less formal.The horse triptych displayed in this stunning space is about the size of a sofa, yet it feels balanced against the size of the room. Any larger piece could have dominated the furniture and put too much emphasis on the painting the piece.
- Utilize Bright Colors: Utilizing vibrant colors in your vertical art can draw the eye upwards and make tall walls appear more personal and connected to the space overall.
- Think About The Possibility Of Exhibiting: The art of the vertical shouldn’t be restricted to canvas. Look into wall art or multi-piece installation, like the vibrant blue butterflies flitting across the wall. There’s enough variety and interest in this design that it doesn’t need any other décor.
- Use Textiles To Your Advantage: One of the most surprising ways to decorate tall walls is using textiles. Simple and elegant, one swath of fabric hung on rods on both ends gives comfort and a cocoon-like feel. Several pieces of fabric can be displayed side-by-side in any arrangement based on the size of the wall.
- Introduce Wood Trim: Using wood trims to create interesting architectural elements, a wall can transform from dull and dull to a work of art. Additional embellishment is not necessary when you have stunning ceilings that stretch to the ceiling and a three-dimensional texture.
- Explore Stone: Natural stone can be a beautiful accent that elevates a large wall into a focal point. If your style is rustic, consider ledge stone with natural color and distinct depths. By incorporating outcroppings in random places sufficient to place an LED tealight on the wall, it becomes an exquisite piece of art in the form of ambient lighting.
- Make It A Mix: Using a myriad of design techniques that create a relaxing environment, this space blends striking vertical art to create a focal point against contemporary stone cladding. It utilizes wall sconces that travel in an upward direction.Instead of a single painting floating over a large white wall, it’s an array of natural textures and tones which give the stylishly large room a warm and inviting feel.
- Create a bookcase: If your budget permits you, think about installing a built-in bookcase floor-to-ceiling with a ladder for library use or staggered shelving made of wood that can be used to display tiny canvases or even a prized collection.
- Make shelves: The use of shelving to cut across the wall’s height is an effective method to add appeal to an otherwise plain expanse.
- Gallery Walls: Gallery walls are an ideal choice for large walls. You can build gallery walls made of pictures in various sizes and shapes or even extensive collections of photos. Both are great options. If you have an unfinished wall, you could consider making a gallery of pictures that cover around half of the walls. That way, you can ensure the gallery will be in keeping about the size of your wall. It is the easiest way to set up an art collection before when you display it. Collect your items and place them in an open space, such as the floor. Make a variety of arrangements until you’ve got the shape you enjoy. Make a photo of it, then take measurements and then place it in the room. Weisshouse designed this unique gallery wall for this industrial-chic dining room. Don’t be a slave to build a whole gallery wall in one go. It could be a project in progress, which grows as you add to your growing collection of wall art. If you want an edgier style, select photos that follow the same style and theme, such as this Westminster apartment.
- Bookcases: The large walls are perfect with tall bookcases. It is possible to achieve this look by buying bookcases that are freestanding and placing them in a row. Additionally, you can hire the help of a carpenter and build them into the wall to create an even more customized style. Naturally, book collections appear stunning on shelves. However, they’re not the only thing that can be used. Also, you can curate other items such as sculptures, objects found in records, sculptures, and plants to show off. In the case of bookcases, you can change them to appear more uniform or diverse; it depends on your personal preferences. The bookcase style created by Zacklde Vito Architecture + Design has a style that is distinct in color from the wall. This difference and the absence of any other wall decor make for an apparent central area. The bookcases that are tall by Andrew Flesher Interiors are more incorporated into the room’s décor.
- Paint Solutions: Painting large sections of your tall walls can be a fantastic method to make your walls stand out more distinctly. Pick striking geometric patterns or divide your wall by horizontal or vertical lines. This solution is efficient but also economical. This stunning dining area uses paint and wall art of a smaller size to provide the accent required by these large dining rooms.
- Molding: Adding molding or millwork to walls is a fantastic option to add texture and give the wall more visual depth but not add additional hue. This option is great for homes with classic or historical styles. It could be elegant or essential based on your preferences. Molding can be beautiful when it is combined with artwork on your walls. If you’re a skilled DIYer, This is an excellent idea to test. With a few wood moldings and measuring tools space, a saw, and a nail gun, you can change the look of your room without a lot of expense. The millwork is incorporated with the walls to create the most traditional look. You can also paint it with a different hue for an edgier look. In BHG, the homeowner employed easy molding to form a grid of textured tiles on the tall wall.
- Large Wall Art: Instead of using small images to create an art gallery, opt for entire wall art. It can be hung in either a horizontal or vertical direction based on the shape of your wall, and it’s the wall. Select a large artwork to get the most significant visual effect. It is possible to purchase one large canvas or a few joined panels to create a huge piece. Additionally, you can utilize other large pieces, such as mirrors or architectural pieces like window frames, to achieve a similar effect.
What can I do with a tall empty wall?
To fill an empty area, choose furniture such as credenzas, plants, artwork, framed photos, floating shelves, free-standing shelving units, floor lamps, sconces, mirrors, and stools.
How do you make tall walls look shorter?
Paint the ceiling a deep shade of colour, such as mahogany or chocolate. The smaller appearance is caused by the darker colour contrasted with lighter walls. Use dark paint on the walls as well, which will help to visually contain the room if the area itself seems unduly large.
How do you design your room in high rise?
Tap the “Rooms Icon” in the upper left corner of your screen after entering a room, then select “My Rooms.” After completing this, select “Create a Room.” The next step is to decide which radio station you want to listen to, the size and design of the room you want to build, and the room’s description.
What are the best decorating options for tall walls?
A gallery wall, giant mirrors, picture frames, storage systems, and wall art are a few examples of popular choices.
How do I create a focal point on a tall wall?
A huge piece of art or a collection of lesser pieces might be hung on a gallery wall to serve as the focal point. Installing a tall bookshelf or shelving unit that can showcase objects in a beautiful manner will also help you create a focal point.