How To Decorate Walls On Side Of Fireplace?
The walls surrounding fireplaces are one of the most effective ways to add a touch of style to the space. It can be accomplished in various methods based on your preferences and budget.
The walls can be decorated by framing shelves, art, or mirrors to give the fireplace area an updated look. It is also possible to use a carefully selected collection of items to create a unique appearance.
How Can You Decorate The Walls On The Side Of The Fireplace?
The walls that flank the side of a fireplace can be a significant design element in any room, providing the appearance of balance and visual interest. If you have an older-style fireplace or one that is contemporary, there are numerous methods to dress the walls to either side to increase the appearance and feel of the space. In this comprehensive guide, I’ll give you a step-by-step guide for decorating the walls on the opposite side of your fireplace.
Step 1: Determine The Style
The first step to decorating the walls on the opposite side of the fireplace is to decide the style you’d like to achieve. Do you prefer a classic design with photos or paintings, or do you prefer a modern look with contemporary art? Do you wish to add cabinets or shelves to store your items or keep the walls free and uncluttered?
Step 2: Choose A Color Scheme
After you’ve decided on the look you wish to create, pick the color scheme that matches the hues of the room and also the style of your fireplace. It is possible to choose shades that complement the predominant colors of the space and pick hues that contrast with the dominant colors for an even more striking look.
Step 3: Decide On Wall Decor
Then, you must decide on the kind of wall décor you’d like to put on both sides of the fireplace. There are numerous options available that include photographs, paintings, prints, sculptures, and other art. There is also the option of an array of wall décor, like paintings or shelves, to give your room a unique and balanced appearance.
Step 4: Add Shelving
If you’re thinking of adding shelves on either side of your fireplace, think about the floating shelf or built-in shelving. Floating shelves are a simple and inexpensive option, while built-in shelves offer an option that is more durable and can provide storage space. When selecting shelves, take into consideration the design of the room as well as the design of the fireplace. Select shelves that match the two.
Step 5: Hang Wall Art
When you’ve chosen the style of wall decoration you’d like, It’s now an ideal time to place it on the wall. When hanging art on the wall, think about the dimensions and design of the artwork and the dimensions of the fireplace. An artwork that large could be hung over the fireplace or smaller pieces may be placed on the opposite side.
Step 6: Add Accent Lighting
Accent lighting can bring aesthetic appeal and practicality to the walls on opposite sides of the fire. It is possible to use wall light fixtures, picture lights as well as recessed lights to emphasize your walls to create a warm, welcoming space.
Step 7: Add Personal Touches
Also, add your personal touch to the walls on each side to create a distinctive space. It is possible to add family photographs, a collection of objects, or a bouquet of blooms. Also, you can include a collection of books or a plant, as well as candles to make a cozy and warm ambiance.
Tips For Decorating The Walls On Either Side Of A Fireplace
The walls opposite the fireplace’s sides can be a major design element in a space and significantly alter the overall appearance and feel room. If you’re looking for a classic style with photographs or paintings or a contemporary style with contemporary art, there are numerous ways to decorate your walls to improve the look and practicality of the room. Here are 15 ideas to decorate the walls on the opposite side of a fireplace:
- Choose the style you wish to achieve and select the right color scheme to match the fireplace and room.
- Take into consideration the wall decoration you would like to put up and pick items that match the design of the room as well as the fireplace.
- Wall art should be hung at the appropriate height, and add accent lighting to add a pop of color to your décor.
- Personalize the space with personal items like family photos or collections to decorate the walls to either side of your fireplace.
- Select the color scheme: After you’ve determined the look you wish to achieve, select the color scheme that matches the hues of the room as well as the design that the fireplace will have. Choose hues that are in line with the predominant colors of your room, or pick hues that stand out from the predominant colors to create an even more striking style.
- Select the decor for your walls: Then, choose the wall decor you’d like to have on each side of your fireplace. There are a variety of options, such as paintings, photographs, prints, as well as sculptures.
- Install cabinetry or shelves: If you’re planning to install shelves on either side of the fireplace, you could consider floating shelves or built-in shelves. Floating shelves are a simple and inexpensive option, while built-in shelves offer the most durable solution and can provide storage space.
- Install wall art: Once you’ve selected the style of wall decoration you’d like to have, It’s time to hang the art. While hanging art on the wall, think about the size and design of the artwork in addition to the height of your fireplace.
- Utilize lights for accents: Lighting accents can provide the appearance of a room and also add functionality to the walls that are on opposite sides of your fireplace. Use wall light fixtures, picture lights, and even ceiling lights to enhance the wall’s decor as well as create a warm and welcoming space.
- Make sure to add personal touches: Also, add personal accents to the walls on one side or the other of your fireplace to make them unique. You can include family photos, an assortment of things, or even an arrangement of blooms.
- Make use of the concept of symmetry: When you are decorating the walls that are on both sides of your fireplace, make use of the symmetry of your decor to create balance and visual interest. Place shelves or wall art at the same in both directions, and select pieces that are similar in size or design.
- Take into consideration the height of the fireplace: When hanging up shelves or wall art, take into consideration the dimensions of your fireplace. The largest piece of artwork could be placed above the fireplace, or smaller pieces may be placed on opposite sides or in front of it.
- Mix and mix and match: Don’t rush mixing and matching various designs and styles of wall décor on the opposite side of your fireplace. It’s possible to hang a picture on one side and shelves on the other or put a collection of photos on one side and an arrangement filled with blooms on the second.
- Make use of the texture: By adding texture to the walls on either side of the fireplace will create visual interest and improve the overall design of the space. It is possible to add texture using texture-infused wallcoverings, hearth surrounds made of brick or even textured artwork.
- Include the fireplace in the design: When you decorate the walls on both sides of your fireplace, think about including the fireplace in the design. It is possible to hang wall art that complements the design that the fireplace has or select shelves or cabinets that complement the style of the fireplace.
Decorate Walls Along The Sides Of Fireplaces With Wallpaper
The walls to either side of your fireplace will add lots of style and interest to your home. Wall art, framed work as well as shelves are easy and simple methods to beautify this space. It is also possible to place a mirror on the wall to add visual impact.
A very sought-after way to decorate walls facing the opposite side of fireplaces is using Wallpaper. It is an easy and easy method to give your home a fresh look. But it’s important to choose the appropriate paper and ensure its quality. It must be free of bubbles, adhesives, or bubbles that may cause the paper to shrink, peel, or even fall off.
If you’re looking for something more refined, go for monochromatic Wallpaper. This will make sure that your room is elegant and subtle but not overwhelming the room. It is also possible to choose patterns that are bold or soft.
The ideal Wallpaper for fireplaces should not take away from the interior decor. However, it adds a bit of energy to the room. It’s also possible to choose Wallpaper with plenty of texture for an additional interesting appearance.
Another option for Wallpaper features an image in harmony with the overall color scheme. This can keep the room appearing cohesive and well-designed. In addition, it adds an element of intrigue that will make it fascinating for many years in the future.
If you are choosing a wallpaper to put on an area on the wall that faces your fireplace, you’ll need to ensure that it’s of the right dimension and smooth in texture. It should also be water-resistant and easily cleaned. Also, you should take into consideration the humidity and temperature of your house before choosing the Wallpaper for this space.
The best choice for Wallpaper to cover a wall in your fireplace would be one constructed from vinyl or PVC since they are not prone to water and heat. They can be set up quickly, and they are easy to remove in case you decide to change your mind later.
Decorate The Walls Along The Sides Of The Fireplace By Hanging Artwork Or Framed Shelves.
If you’re seeking a low-cost and efficient method to beautify the walls to the side or back of the fireplace, hanging art is a good alternative. Framed artwork can be chosen in various styles and colors to give an eclectic design that is a perfect fit for your style and style.
Whether you’re hanging one work of art or many pieces, there are a few basic guidelines to follow to ensure that your artwork is appealing and balanced for the eyes. The general rule is to hang the art at a midpoint between 60 and 57 inches from the floor. It shouldn’t be more than 12 inches higher than the mantel or the firebox.
It is also crucial to remember that when your family members are taller than you, you should hang the art a little higher than normal. This way, everyone can enjoy the artwork without feeling confined.
You could even put several pieces to create a gallery wall style. This is ideal with large collections of furniture as well as fireplace mantles.
What you need to do is pick images that are alike in terms of size, shape, and subject matter. This will allow you to make a cohesive visual balance and appears as though it has been compiled in the course of the course.
When you’ve got a lengthy wall, it’s an excellent idea to put together pieces that are alike in size. This can create a windows-like effect that can add excitement to your wall.
Paintings are a great option for wall decor on the fireplace’s side. They’re a timeless decorative element that can tie the decor of your home and add beauty and color to the room.
Most often, people choose paintings with the appearance of dark colors to complement their color scheme. If you’re looking for artwork to make a statement in your space, choose one that is more vibrant and stands out against the stone or other ornamental aspects of the fireplace.
Decorate Walls On The Sides Of Your Fireplace By Using Lighting Fixtures
The walls to the right of your fireplace are a fantastic option to make it appear distinct and unique to the other parts of your space. It’s also an easy and cost-effective way to revamp your living space.
If you’re looking for a basic geometric wallpaper or something more unique, There are plenty of ways to decorate the walls that flank your fireplace. It is also possible to hang a chic console table or cabinet for those who want to add more storage space and style the room.
The walls along the sides of your fireplace can be an ideal spot to install massive wall lighting. The fixtures do not just illuminate the space around the mantel but also provide structure and help the eyes move through the fireplace.
If you’re not looking for traditional lighting fixtures, think about swing arm wall sconces to provide additional functionality. They can be set at different angles so that you find the ideal lighting when reading, working at your computer, or even watching television.
One of the easiest and cheapest ways to beautify the walls on either side of your fireplace is by painting them with a vibrant hue. Paint the walls with a vibrant shade such as yellow, navy blue, or emerald green is a fantastic method to boost your decor without putting too much energy into the process.
Another way to beautify the walls to the side of your fireplace is to put up art or mirrors. Mirrors are a fantastic method to add interest and depth to any wall, and they can help make rooms appear bigger.
There is a range of mirrors to cover the fireplace’s sides, such as small hanging mirrors to huge standing mirrors. A large mirror will make the room appear bigger and brighter.
Apart from the many ways to decorate the walls along the opposite side, you could put up a plant pot or floor lamp to add more depth and life to the space. This will greatly enhance the look of your living space and make it look more attractive.
Decorate The Walls Around The Fireplace With Cabinets Or Console Tables
If you’re looking for an additional display or storage space on your walls on either side of the fireplace, Then a console table or cabinet is a great option. These furniture pieces can house objects such as books, decorative vases, and other collectibles. The console table or cabinet can also help create the walls on the opposite side of the fireplace to appear more tidy and polished.
Depending on the intended use of your cabinet or console depending on the purpose of your cabinet, you can select from a variety of types of materials and styles. For instance, glass console tables feature a reflective surface that creates a larger appearance and is more spacious. In contrast, granite or marble console tables are robust and resistant to bumps.
A console table made of wood has an authentic wood grain and is a great match to the style of your home. Some console tables come with an open drawer to store things in.
You can use a wooden console table or cabinet to store your favorite decorative items, like mini sculptures and collectibles, or even yard sale finds. These kinds of decorations bring color and character to your fireplace and make your fireplace more appealing to your family and you.
Another method to add color to the walls on the opposite side of the fireplace is to put shelves within the gaps. Shelving is a fantastic option for small spaces and lets you maintain your design theme within the same theme without creating visual breaks.
To create a visually pleasing arrangement, consider placing two art pieces on the opposite side of the fireplace. It is also possible to put a sculptural piece of furniture to one end, as well as an elongated bench or console table to the opposite.
The walls to either side of your fireplace can be a relaxing and easy task. It is possible to put up wall artwork, place frames on shelves, or put decorative mirrors on top of the fireplace. You could even put an elegant floor lamp or planter in front of it to give it a more lavish appearance.
The most appealing aspect of decorating your walls to the opposite side of the fireplace is the fact that you can decorate it in a manner that is in line with your requirements and your style. You can opt for an informal, rustic appearance by using Wallpaper on your walls or decorating your walls with frames as well as another décor.
What should I put on my fireplace walls?
Hang a mirror in the centre and two sconces on either side of the fireplace mantel for a simple decoration idea. In front of the mirror, use a larger vase as an anchor for the mantel, and then add smaller accents like vases, candlesticks, and decorative items. Take note of the hues and materials used in other parts of the space.
How do you accent a fireplace wall?
Stone or tiles, which are available in a wide variety of forms, hues, and sizes, are the ideal complement to your fireplace. You will undoubtedly create a gorgeous accent wall that is impossible to overlook, whether you add tile or stone around your fireplace, behind it, or create a seamless impression with a big slab of marble or quartz.
Do both sides of fireplace have to match?
Your built-ins’ placement and whether or not they are the same on both sides will depend on where your fireplace is placed. There are no rules; do what suits your requirements and home best. Modern built-in fireplaces could look good on one side alone, especially if they are simple and sleek.
What is the current trend for fireplaces?
Clean finish fireplaces are quite popular in 2022 because minimalist simplicity is a prominent design trend. Homeowners want fireplaces that they can complete all the way up to the glass rather than ones with large stone hearths or intricate embellishments.
What is the space on either side of fireplace called?
An inglenook, also known as a chimney corner, is a small niche next to a fireplace. The name is made out of the Old English words ingle, which means “fireplace,” and nook.